Monday 1 September 2014

My New Room!!

At long last I can relax and settle into somewhere permanent, well, settle into somewhere for the next 4 months at least.

#10D4 is my new room in Neill Wycik, and having heard VERY mixed reviews I was a little worried, especially having already seen it from the outside for myself. It is safe to say I wasn't expecting very much, I was in the heart of downtown Toronto for next to nothing. But then again I could hardly complain, I was in the heart of downtown Toronto for next to nothing!!


Getting there was enough hassle, I had to get a cab 3 minutes down the road because after going to IKEA, I had too much to carry and couldn't make the 13 ish minute walk, plus, I would have had to walk through the rough side of town with EVERYTHING I owned - so decided not to risk it.

I then had to dump my stuff in the Cafe at Neill Wycik and wait in line for what felt like forever in horrible sticky heat to pay, sign my lease and get the keys but eventually I did so and made my way up the lift, or elevator, to floor 10.
Getting through the front door was my next task, I was given 2 keys and I couldn't make either work, turns out I had it right first time but the door is just so heavy and stiff that you really have to yank it open! But I was here! Home!



Long story short, I spent the rest of the day unpacking, buying other little bits for the kitchen and making my room homely. I am actually really proud of what I've done with my little cubbyhole I now call home, so here it is!















Oh, and I absolutely love the view!



Bye for now,
Peace and Love
Briony x

1 comment: