Sunday 31 August 2014

Things I've Learnt

Since I have got here I haven't done anything SUPER exciting, just explored the area around me and got my bearings of the area and the uni, so this post is just about small, silly things I've learnt that I have found quite funny so far.

Okay, so firstly they drive on the right.. I mean wrong, no...I do mean the right side of the road.

Pedestrians actually seem to beat cars. Having said that, pedestrians are only allowed to cross on street corners, not mid-street, which is perhaps why cars are happier to stop for them.

Their main street in Yonge street, which is what they call 'the heart of the city'...despite what I thought for a good few days, it is actually pronounced 'Young' - And I'm still not over it!


Their money is plastic, not paper but worst of all these are their coins...


Do you see it yet?
THE 10 CENT IS SMALLER THAN THE 5 CENT,
THE 5 CENT IS BIGGER THAN THE 10 CENT,
WHY IS THIS A THING?!!?!

Anyway...

XXL Fries & Drink!
Some things are also in French, luckily for me, in Toronto, French is not widely spoken, but some things are shown in both English and French which I think is quite funny.

Since I'm in a B&B for the first few days before I can move into my permanent student accommodation, I have been eating out...and in this country a Large meal is actually XXL!






Watch Out Kids!
Seems Legit...


Finally, the ice cream vans are scary and "Fanta" is apparently this colour..........

..oh and one more thing, 'colour' comes up as a spelling mistake


:'(





Well that was interesting, don't you agree?
There will be more from me in the next few days because I get to move into my student accommodation tomorrow, YEY! But I hope you enjoyed my silly post!

Bye for now,
Peace and Love
Briony x


No comments:

Post a Comment