Tuesday 30 September 2014

Blue Jays and More

Apologies for how long it's been! Have you missed me?
Well I wish I had more to tell you, but I've been doing well and have had lots of work, so thanks Uni....
But I have done some exciting things too..
First I've booked to go to NYC in my Fall Reading Week, (just after Canada's Thanksgiving), organised by Ryerson's Student Union, so loads of us are going, and I've also booked to fly out and see Suzanne in NYC for America's Thanksgiving!! 2 THANKSGIVINGS! FOOD! CANNOT WAIT!
ahem..
So whilst I've got that to look forward to, what have I actually been doing with my time I hear you say, well..


I've now been to a Hard Rock Cafe, in Niagara whilst we were there a few weeks ago,

I finally tried poutine finally, after being told to do so every Canadian I met! It's basically cheesy chips with gravy, and sounds amazing!

....Unfortunately, mine wasn't, the gravy wasn't hot so the cheese hadn't melted, and the gravy wasn't mums gravy.....I miss mum's gravy!!! But anyway, bad experience or bad dish? Not sure, I'm a litlle scared to try it again..we shall see!


The pudding sure made up for it, I awkwardly had to ask for the giant brownie topped with cream, ice cream, walnuts and sprinkles, to just be topped with ice cream, but it was AMAZING, regret not having sprinkles though...










I've seen a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer....okay, so it was a statue... still counts though right? While I'm at it, I've seen a Royal Mounted Police Moose too....








I have visited Vaughan Mills, a huge outlet shopping center just North of Toronto and spent probably too much money..








Finally, and most excitingly for me, Jamie and I went to a Blue Jays Baseball game, and loved it so much, we went to another. So glad we did this because the season is over now, but I have Ice Hockey season to look forward to now! We're hopefully going to watch our university team play in the next few weeks, but I will keep you posted!

 Okay, so baseball. It's glorified rounders. No one can tell me otherwise. Sorry. But I loved it! Decked out in our Blue Jays Jersey's and free Blue Jays sunglasses, we watched on initially, regretting not researching the game and scoring a little but cheered and clapped when we were supposed to and quickly understood.



We were playing the Baltimore Orioles and we had quite a good view of the field, the big screen, and the CN Tower!



So as the game went on,  we were doing well.. Winning infact!! The game started at 7:07pm, so it went dark during the game and it was so pretty! You could see all the stars..














Only kidding, the picture you see above is actually of thousands of bugs being lit up by the floodlights!!! But you believed they were stars, didn't you!? Either way, it did look pretty with the backdrop of the CN Tower, and luckily, they were quite fond of those lights, so we weren't attacked at all!

So we had a pretty good game! We won 4 Runs to 2! We now felt like AVID baseball fans, totally, with our favorite obviously being number, 45 Dalton Pompey...yum, er, I mean, great skills.........

We enjoyed the game so much! But unfortunately it was the end of the season, they were only playing the next 2 days, and that was it til next April when season starts again....so we obviously went again!!!!

We had such an amazing time, this match was at 1:07pm, so was done by mid afternoon and with that we decided to celebrate the end of the season with some candy floss, or 'cotton candy' which made my tongue blue and had a lovely afternoon sat in the sun...



 ...Until this geezer came along and tooted his horn and scared the bejeezus out of me!! ...and then came round again....AND A THIRD TIME!
He made me jump every single time even though I knew it was coming and he drove past with such a smug look on his little face! ...After the third time I decided it was time to go home, and with that, no more baseball :(

End of the season and end of this post but so much exciting things in the pipeline that I cannot wait to tell you about!
















Bye for now,
Peace and Love
Briony x


No comments:

Post a Comment